Meet Brad Goulet
The best part about helping people finance their homes is the personal relationship that is formed-- it truly is one of the most satisfying parts of my job. At Bell, you will enjoy a stress-free, smooth mortgage experience from start to finish. My team is comprised of industry experts with over 20 years of experience who are dedicated to helping you.
I’ve been in the mortgage banking business since 2001, and helping people with one of their biggest life purchases is my passion! Hockey is a close second. I originally hail from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and NCAA college hockey first moved me to the wonderful state of Minnesota. My wife and I stay busy with our three beautiful and active children. In the winter, I coach their youth hockey and in the summer, we enjoy time at the lake.
I look forward to helping you with your home financing. Call me today to get started!
Our Mortgage Process
Trust the biggest purchase of your life to our experience. Whether you're on your way to getting your first home, your next home, or a better rate on your existing mortgage, we will walk you through every step of the loan process. Now is the perfect time to get in touch with us and get the personal advice and guidance Bell Mortgage is famous for.
Once you've had all your questions answered and you're ready to start the home loan process, this is what you can expect.
1. Complete our online application.
The pre-approval application asks you questions about the home you wish to buy or refinance and your finances. To process your application, we need financial information about you - your current mortgage or rent, your other loans, your income, your assets, etc. As soon as you've finished the application, we review your request and immediately begin to process it.
2. We'll send you an application package and prepare your loan for processing.
Your loan application will include papers to sign and a list of items we'll need to verify the information you provided about your finances during the online application.
Here is a summary of the forms involved:
- Good Faith Estimate of Settlement Costs - This details the loan amount and all related charges and fees.
- Truth in Lending Disclosure - This lets you know what your estimated annual percentage rate of interest (APR) will be and any other program features that apply.
- Borrowers Certification - When you sign this, you authorize that all the information you provided is correct to the best of your knowledge. It also lets us finalize the process by contacting your landlord, employer, mortgage company, etc. and getting your credit report.
Next, we order the appraisal from a licensed appraiser who is familiar with home values in your area to determine its fair market value. The appraiser visits the property and compares its features, floor plan, lot, etc. against other similar properties in the area. (You receive a copy of the appraisal.)
4. We'll contact you to coordinate your closing date.
After we receive your application package, the appraisal and the title work, we contact you to schedule your loan closing. If you are purchasing a home, we also schedule the closing with the real estate agent. The closing takes place at an approved title office in your area. A few days before closing, we contact you to walk through the final information.
5. Apply now.
Start now by applying and you will be on your way to the most convenient home loan ever! That's all there is to it.
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
Brad is a true professional in the mortgage business! His attention to detail, knowledge of the products and calm, considerate manner impress both my clients and me. He does a terrific job of bringing people through the protocol of the mortgage process. He makes himself available to clients on weekends and evenings when they are making difficult decisions.
Realtor, Coldwell Banker Burnet
As a first-time home buyer, I was a little nervous... But Brad educated me and kept me informed from beginning to end, doing a great job of guiding me through the entire process. I would recommend Brad to anyone looking to purchase or refinance their home. As a matter of fact, I have and they all came back saying he did a great job and would work with him again. Thank you, Brad!
I have known Brad for nearly 20 years... He is honest and knowledgeable, and has strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills. Brad is highly detailed oriented and is someone I can highly trust.
Realtor, Counselor Realty, Inc.